Today I will write about 10 things I have come to adore about Poland:)
1. The old people here have AMAZING tales to tell. From the Warsaw Uprising, to Communist rules, to German rule, its CRAZY what these people have gone through
2. I think 98% (or something) of Warsaw was destroyed in WW2 after the uprising, and they have completely rebuilt it from the ground up. It’s hard to believe none of this existed some 60 or 70 years ago!
3. People are so passionate about food here. They really put so much effort into everything they cook and always take into consideration colour, texture, everything.
4. People are very kind here. Almost everyday I have someone talking to me at the bus stop or on the streets. Sadly, everytime I have to say I don’t speak Polish :(
5. The transportation system here is GENIAL. Polskibus is a life saver honestly and the student discount tickets are AMAZING. My monthly transportation pass that includes bus, tram, and subway is 18$.
6. For me its amazing seeing someone who is like “100%” anything. In Canada almost everyone is mixed with English, French, German, Irish, ANYTHING. People here find it amazing that we’re all mixed and I find it amazing that a lot of people here are 100% Polish.
7. The yogurts. Oh sweet baby Jesus THE YOGURTS HERE ARE AMAZING. At the Carrefour there is a WHOLE FUCKING ROW of yogurts. A WHOLE AISLE. In Canada we will have a few sections of yogurts, but here its the whole fucking wall is yogurt. I LOVE IT. And they are all individually packaged!! In Canada you either buy the tub or like a 12 pack or whatever. I mix and match the shit out of it everytime I grocery shop
8. The alcohol here is oh goodness. AMAZING. For me, I am a super sterotypical girl when it comes to alcohol. Im not into beer. im not into vodka. im not into whiskey. Im into cocktails and smirnoff ices. In Poland however, damn is the beer ever good.
9. The fashion. I can honestly admit right now I have the worst fashion in Poland. I wear leggngs, some flannel plaid shirt and dirty converse everyday. I don’t do anything to my hair besides brush it, and my makeup and kept to 3 products. Here, its like everytime they leave their house theyre going somewhere fancy and they always dress up. I feel horrible whenever i walk down the streets haha
10. People here are spontatnous. We can be out idk knitting and the next moment we’ll be getting shit faced. People here are down for anything and honestly, I think I am the most boring person here! Whenever I tell people I follow a strict sleeping schedule and sleep everynight at 11, they think I am from another planet.
I can’t wait to find out more things about Poland that I love!
PS. NUMBER 11 IS HOW CHEAP GROCERIES ARE. Coming from Canada, gosh it cheap here. I go grocery shopping every 4 days to kinda keep things fresh, and I just spent $10.49(29PLN) on groceries. thats just over $2.50 a day for food. and like I buy ONLY what I need to last me 4 days, nothing more. wowzers
Baught some basics from H&M
Just had my Warsaw bubble tea meetup
Alright guys, I’ve one week left in my program since right after I finish it I am travelling to Krakow with my German friend and then going straight to Quebec, I figured now I’ll write about my experience.
THIS IS JUST MY EXPERIENCE :’D take it with a grain of saltRead more
If I get it, it would be March 1st~August 31st
ANNND I would be completely debt free and make enough to save enough money for some grad school or studying French in Quebec :DDDD
I already filled out the application and updated my resume and scanned my passport, all I need to do now is write a 500 word essay and I need proof from my home university that I’m a student. I emailed them yesterday asking if they could mail a letter out to Poland!!
Seriously, someone I know went back to Korea this week and I am suddenly so jealous. I love Poland and Europe and learning Polish, its just in Korea it was so easy to make friends and I love the cheap clothing and makeup…………ha
Best roomies ever